Originals: Fold Top – Olive & NaturalRegular price €690,00
There is just one of these gorgeous packs made. Get yours while you can!
The Fold Top is a stylish and functional choice for any occasion, whether you're hitting the trails, traveling, or going about your daily life. Its ergonomic design ensures comfort during extended use, while its distinguishably good looks make it a great match for both casual and formal settings.
The unique design of the saddle leather back frame distributes weight evenly for comfortable carrying of heavier loads. The wide leather straps conform to the contours of your shoulders for an exceptionally comfortable fit.
But don't just take our word for it, read the reviews below as well as the test on Carryology. If you still need more information, don't hesitate to ask through the form below or email.
OBS: Shippings on Fridays when the backpacks arrive to our studio.
Why this pack?
- Made for use with great load distribution and versatile rigging options.
- Outstanding comfort as the leather conforms to your body over time.
- Timeless design that builds character over time as the leathers patinates.
Handcrafted in Finland with a passion for quality by our friends.
- Engineered for repairability with strong materials that make repairs possible.
Built to last to leave something for the next generations.
- Six sturdy attachment points for attaching hiking equipment, fishing rods or camera tripods.
- Front pocket to keep your everyday carry conveniently at hand.
- Detachable laptop sleeve for up to 17” laptops or documents.
- Adjustable capacity with the extension strap that’s stored inside.
Built-in carrying handle for easy travel in buses, trains and planes.
- D-ring key loop for never losing your keys.
Stay safe and visible by attaching a rear bicycle light to its attachment point.
Materials and origins
- Cutting and sowing: Handcrafted in Finland
- Frame and back: Sturdy Italian Virgilio tannery’s vegetable-tanned bovine leather
- Folding part: Supple Italian Virgilio tannery's vegetable-tanned bovine leather
- Laptop sleeve: Recycled PET felt – made in Finland
- G-buckles: Marine-grade stainless AISI 316 steel – laser cut in Finland
- Roller buckles: Chromed steel – Sweden
- Yarn: Waxed polyester yarn – Italy
- Rivets: Copper-plated steel – Italy
Main compartment: Width 30cm, Height 45–60cm, Depth 16cm
Front Pocket: Width 20cm, Height 14cm, Depth 4cm
Felt Sleeve: Width 29cm, Height 43cm, Depth 4cm
27 liters at maximum capacity
Shipping is on Fridays when the products arrive at our studio.
Products are delivered worldwide via Posti, UPS, and Express Mail Service (EMS). Options for your area are provided at checkout. Shipping fees are between 20€ and 50€ depending on your location and chosen delivery options. Delivery times vary between 3-21 days.
To see your options in more detail proceed to checkout.
Products are delivered via Matkahuolto to the nearest pickup point of the address provided. In Helsinki a bicycle courier option and pickup appointments are also available.
Tracking orders and Support
How should I care for my leather backpack?
Treat with wax every 4-6 months or when the leather feels like it's drying, treat lightly with wax. Wipe the leather to clean it. With a cloth spread a thin layer of wax on the leather. Allow the wax to permeate overnight and then polish the remainders off with a cotton or wool cloth. The scent of tar will fade away in a couple of days, if a lot of wax is applied, this will take longer.
We recommend using natural products like bees wax based products or natural oils. Synthetic leather protection can block the pores of the leather. This will reduce the leather's ability to absorb wax and oils - ultimately reducing the lifespan of the backpack.
How long is the break in period of the leather backpack?
Like all high quality leather goods, Kasperi backpacks also have a break-in period. It will take a couple of weeks of active use for the shoulder straps to start forming to your body. If you experience any pressure points, squeeze the straps lightly with your hands from the pressure points to help it form faster.
Closing and opening the G-buckles is also stiff at first but as the leather loops softens and form over time it will become fluid.
With proper care and use, these packs develop a unique patina and become more personal by the day.
What about repairs or service?
The hardest-wearing parts (i.e. shoulder straps) are made from 3mm leather for longevity and the whole structure is designed with serviceability in mind.
We offer a repair service for our bags and backpacks.