Originals: Small Fold Top – Leather Backpack in Navy and BrownRegular price €595,00
A four-of-a-kind Small Fold Top.
With our last Navy leather, we decided to make a couple of Small Fold Tops and in our opinion, they came out amazing! Two of these are already sold so make sure you get yours while you still have a chance.
The Small Fold Top is a timeless leather backpack that's just right for any situation. Whether you're in jeans and a t-shirt on a sunny day outdoors, in a suit at a fancy dinner, or cycling in your sweater on your local trails – you'll feel right at home with the Small Fold Top. The outstanding carrying ergonomics, versatile rigging options and expandable capacity keep you always ready for a spontaneous adventure after a day at work.
This backpack is hand-crafted with passion in Finland to last, a true companion for life. Made out of high quality German and Italian vegetable tanned full grain leather – this backpack is made to stand the test of time, by your side for a lifetime.
Why this pack?
- Made for use with great load distribution and versatile rigging options.
- Outstanding comfort as the leather conforms to your body over time.
- Timeless design that builds character over time as the leathers patinates.
- Handcrafted in Finland with a passion for quality by our friends.
- Engineered for repairability with strong materials that make repairs possible.
- Built to last to leave something for the next generations.
- Two side and two front attachment points for attaching e.g. hiking equipment, fishing rods or camera tripods with accessory utility straps.
- Detachable laptop sleeve for up to 16” laptops or documents.
- Adjustable capacity with the extension strap that’s stored inside.
- Built-in carrying handle for easy travel in buses, trains and planes.
- D-ring key loop for never losing your keys.
- Stay safe and visible by attaching a rear bicycle light to the lowest utility attachment point.
Materials and origins
- Cutting and sowing: Handcrafted in Finland
- Frame and back: Sturdy German SOHRE tannery’s vegetable-tanned bovine saddle leather
- Folding part: Supple Italian Puccini tannery's vegetable-tanned bovine leather
- Laptop sleeve: Recycled PET felt – made in Finland
- G-buckles: Marine-grade stainless AISI 316 steel – laser cut in Finland
- Roller buckles: Chromed steel – Sweden
- Yarn: Waxed polyester yarn – Italy
- Rivets: Copper plated steel – Italy
Main compartment: Width 30cm, Height 40–45cm, Depth 14cm
Felt Sleeve: Width 27cm, Height 37cm, Depth 3cm
18 liters at maximum capacity
Included in the box
These two backpacks are sold as the Cargo hauler set featuring the Small Fold Top in Navy and brown plus four short utility straps – the Cargo Hauler turns your packs versatility up a notch. Whether you're carrying a camera tripod, fishing rod or hiking gear – the cargo hauler extends your possibilities.
Shippings on Fridays when the products arrive to our studio.
Products are delivered worldwide via Posti, UPS, and Express Mail Service (EMS). Options for your area provided at checkout. Shipping fees are between 20€ and 50€ depending on your location and chosen delivery options. Delivery times vary between 3-21 days.
To see your options in more detail proceed to checkout.
Products are delivered via Matkahuolto to the nearest pickup point of the address provided. In Helsinki a bicycle courier option and pickup appointments are also available.
Tracking orders and Support
How should I care for my leather backpack?
Treat with wax every 4-6 months or when the leather feels like it's drying, treat lightly with wax. Wipe the leather to clean it. With a cloth spread a thin layer of wax on the leather. Allow the wax to permeate overnight and then polish the remainders off with a cotton or wool cloth. The scent of tar will fade away in a couple of days, if a lot of wax is applied, this will take longer.
We recommend using natural products like bees wax based products or natural oils. Synthetic leather protection can block the pores of the leather. This will reduce the leather's ability to absorb wax and oils - ultimately reducing the lifespan of the backpack.
How long is the break in period of the leather backpack?
Like all high quality leather goods, Kasperi backpacks also have a break-in period. It will take a couple of weeks of active use for the shoulder straps to start forming to your body. If you experience any pressure points, squeeze the straps lightly with your hands from the pressure points to help it form faster.
Closing and opening the G-buckles is also stiff at first but as the leather loops softens and form over time it will become fluid.
With proper care and use, these packs develop a unique patina and become more personal by the day.
What about repairs or service?
The hardest wearing parts (i.e. shoulder straps) are made from 3mm leather for longevity and the whole structure is designed with serviceability in mind.
We offer a repair service for our bags and backpacks.