Originals: The Large Backpack – NaturalRegular price €535,00
A one-of-a-kind Large Backpack now in Virgilio Tanneries Natural tanned leather.
As with all-natural tanned leather this one-of-a-kind backpack will patinate in an absolutely gorgeous way. Over time the leather tans towards a honey tone, like the natural leather in the S.06 Fold Top.
The Large Backpack is a great choice whether you're looking to leisurely explore or observe urban spaces, roam your playground, or go on weekend getaways. This backpack not only looks great but will last for life – joining your journey over the decades ahead.
Handcrafted in Finland from high-quality vegetable-tanned leather, this is an item for those who appreciate lasting items, timeless design, quality craftsmanship, and versatility.
Its slim design and sturdy back structure make it an excellent choice for use in the city. Yet the ability to overpack allows it to carry your essentials for a trip to the cabin or beyond. You will most likely live out of this pack for the foreseeable future.
Why this pack?
- Made for urban life with a slim profile.
- Outstanding comfort as the leather conforms to your body over time.
- Timeless design that builds character over time as the leathers patinates.
- Handcrafted in Finland with a passion for quality by our friends.
- Engineered for repairability with strong materials that make repairs possible.
- Built to last to leave something for the next generations.
- One protected outer pocket for smaller items
- 50mm wide and comfortable shoulder straps
- Carrying Handle for easy carrying in trains, planes, and buses
- Optional Detachable laptop sleeve for up to 16" laptops or documents
Accessory loop for clip-on rear bicycle light
- Adjustable capacity with three G-buckle attachment points.
- Attachment points for utility straps integrated into the G-buckle attachment point loops.
Materials and origins
- Cutting and sowing: Handcrafted in Finland
- Leather: Italian Virgilio tannery’s vegetable-tanned bovine leather
- Laptop sleeve: Recycled PET felt – made in Finland
- G-buckles: Marine-grade stainless AISI 316 steel – laser cut in Finland
- Roller buckles: Chromed steel – Sweden
- Yarn: Waxed polyester yarn – Italy
- Rivets: Copper-plated steel – Italy
Main compartment: Width 30cm, Height 35–48 cm, Depth 13cm
Felt Sleeve: Width 29cm, Height 33cm, Depth 3cm
Shippings on Fridays when the products arrive to our studio.
Products are delivered worldwide via Posti, UPS, and Express Mail Service (EMS). Options for your area provided at checkout. Shipping fees are between 20€ and 50€ depending on your location and chosen delivery options. Delivery times vary between 3-21 days.
To see your options in more detail proceed to checkout.
Products are delivered via Matkahuolto to the nearest pickup point of the address provided. In Helsinki a bicycle courier option and pickup appointments are also available.
Tracking orders and Support
Care and repairs
How should I care for my leather backpack?
Treat with wax every 4-6 months or when the leather feels like it's drying, treat lightly with wax. Wipe the leather to clean it. With a cloth spread a thin layer of wax on the leather. Allow the wax to permeate overnight and then polish the remainders off with a cotton or wool cloth. The scent of tar will fade away in a couple of days, if a lot of wax is applied, this will take longer.
We recommend using natural products like bees wax based products or natural oils. Synthetic leather protection can block the pores of the leather. This will reduce the leather's ability to absorb wax and oils - ultimately reducing the lifespan of the backpack.
How long is the break-in period of the leather backpack?
Like all high-quality leather goods, Kasperi backpacks also have a break-in period. It will take a couple of weeks of active use for the shoulder straps to start forming to your body. If you experience any pressure points, squeeze the straps lightly with your hands from the pressure points to help it form faster.
Closing and opening the G-buckles is also stiff at first but as the leather loops softens and form over time it will become fluid.
With proper care and use, these packs develop a unique patina and become more personal by the day.
What about repairs?
The hardest-wearing parts (i.e. shoulder straps) are made from 3mm leather for longevity and the whole structure is designed with serviceability in mind.
We offer a repair service for our bags and backpacks.